How to Help in War and Crisis
It’s devastating waking up to news of war, violence or humanitarian crisis in the world.
As we’re hearing the news, watching the events unfold from afar, it’s easy to feel helpless. The best antidote against feeling helpless is to take action. There are practical things we can do:
- Stand up for peace and against violence, aggression and injustice
- Share information and resources on social media – flag and stop the spread of disinformation
- Join protests, contact MPs
- Support humanitarian organisations providing medical supplies, assistance for refugees, food parcels, drinking water and sanitation, support for children with whatever resources you have
- Carry on parenting peacefully, so that our children know peace in themselves and in their hearts towards others. It’s our best hope and chance for a just and peaceful world of tomorrow.
See also how to talk to your child about war and crisis for ideas about getting kids involved too.
Here are some humanitarian organisations that provide help and support to people affected by war, violence and crisis*
Book accommodation or host people with airbnb
Buy digital products from Ukrainian artists, e.g. on Etsy
*Please note that whilst I believe the organisations and campaigns listed here to be reputable, I am not responsible for the content or services on external websites. Please do your own due diligence.