For my 45th birthday and to celebrate midlife, I decided to look back over the last 45 years of my life and look forward to all the things I’d still like to do and experience in the next 45 years in the form of a bucket list.
A bucket list comes from the phrase “to kick the bucket”. It’s a list you make of all the things you want to do or experience in your life. The idea became popular following the film of the same name, The Bucket List.
Here’s my bucket list for my next 45 years. Some of the things are concrete goals for the next 1 to 5 years, some are dreams and wishes that I hope will one day come true.
My biggest goal for this next stage of my life is to be more ME!
- Buy a new dishwasher – ours has been broken for 10 days and it feels like we’re washing up all day long
- Buy a camper van – to have the freedom to take trips in a home away from home
- Do a handstand – I’m hoping to learn and train for this with Judith “Sympatexter” Peters’ next handstand course.
- Run the Heidelberg half marathon – in 2020 and 2021 it was cancelled because of Corona and I am getting older
- Live in a house by the sea – and go for walks on the beach every day
- Redecorate our house
- Jump off the 5-meter board
- Travel to Australia and New Zealand with my children
- Travel to Scotland again
- Fly to Hawaii
- Write a book
- Do a professional photo shoot
- Clear out my wardrobe and work with a stylist to get a new look
- Start an online community for connection-focused parents
- Develop and launch my own online course – lots of ideas and also lots of visibility fears (see no. 29 :-))
- Support social projects for children and families with my business
- Have a big party with family, friends and colleagues from all different times of my life
- Write an article for a print or online magazine
- Run 3 times a week for a year
- Buy a Tesla
- Go ice skating in New York at Christmas time in front of the Rockefeller Center and the big Christmas tree
- Write at least one blog article a week for a year – that’s my goal in The Content Society, Judith “Sympatexter” Peters‘ brilliant blogging community
- Send out my newsletter once a week for a year – If you don’t get my newsletter yet, you can sign up here!
- Learn to ride a horse
- Post and connect daily on Facebook and Instagram and build a community of 1000+. Join me here: My Facebook Page, My Instagram
- Ride the Jacobite Steam Train – the Hogwarts Express from Harry Potter ;-)
- Do interval training or strength training 3 times a week for a year
- Visit Ireland with my mum, her partner and my family
- Overcome my visibility fears – so I can make Instagram stories, videos, podcasts and lives
- Sleep under the stars – ✔️16.06.2021 with my daughters after a very hot day and on a perfectly clear night
- Go on holiday to a Greek island again
- Take the kids to Cirque du Soleil
- Learn yoga
- Act in a film
- Make new friends online and then meet them offline
- Go on a tree house holiday
- Do a Colour Run
- Manage 10 burpies in a row
- Watch the Olympics live
- Run 10 km in under 60 minutes again
- Make a vision board
- Learn hand lettering
- Interview at least 5 people for my blog
- Open water swimming
- Read a book a week for a year
That’s my bucket list for the next 45 years (and beyond ;-)). I plan to revisit it regularly and extend with new goals and dreams as I make them!
Have you made a bucket list? What do you think about the idea of a bucket list? Let me know down in the comments!